April 2, 2012

My Straight-shooting Kid



Last week, I wrote a post about how my daughter Unna innocently called me “fat”. She is only 9 years old so maybe she’s not being impolite. She’s just being honest, to the detriment of her hapless victim—me.

Scene 1

I was sweeping the floor and moved the daybed (which wasn’t really heavy except that Unna was lying down on it while watching TV). Amazed, Unna said:

“Wow Mom, for somebody old, you sure are pretty strong.”
(I know I am old but nobody has every dared yet to call me old to my face. Until now.)

Scene 2

I was watching something on my laptop and had earphones on because the rest of the family was watching TV. Then I overheard a conversation between Unna and my husband. I couldn’t recall what it was about but I had to interrupt their conversation with my own opinion about the matter.

Unna turned to me with a look of wonder in her eyes. “Wow Mom, for somebody with an infected ear, you can hear pretty well.” (For the record, I do not have an infected ear!!!!)

And then there's this- - she always calls me Tubby Mommy with a naughty grin on her face while pinching my paunch.


I think it’s time we have a serious talk.


1 comment:

Kymmie said...

Hehehehe! So funny! My kids call me old too. I think that anyone who is considered grown up is old.

Just their perspective! And you're definitely not fat!

xx