April 12, 2012

The Hunger Games


I take back what I said about Jennifer Lawrence. I said in a previous post that I was disappointed when I saw the trailer of the movie because the girl playing Katniss (I didn’t know her then) looked frail and had a blank look in her eyes as opposed to the intense and kick-ass character in the book.

Well, I was mistaken. Jennifer Lawrence was as fierce as Katniss in the book is. 


Josh Hutcherson. I actually didn’t like him too much as Peeta. The Peeta on my mind was taller, of stockier built, and more rugged. 


Liam Hemsworth as Gale. Gwapo!! Just like his brother, Chris Hemworth, who played Thor. Great gene-pool, these Hemsworths must have.


The director deviated a bit from the book in favor of a more convenient storytelling style but it is forgivable. I actually like the inclusions of the scenes from gamemakers’ laboratory and the live reporting of the Hunger Games host which weren’t in the book.


I have finished the 3 books last week. I enjoyed Books 2 and 3 but Book 2, Catching Fire, is the best of the three. Fiery reads!

PS. NO, it is not in any way close to Twilight.


5 comments:

Maxabella said...

Well, I haven't read the book and in fact hadn't heard of it before the movie came out. But now, I'm just itching to see / read it!! x

supermac said...

Even if it is intended for a much younger market (and please note that the reference to the older one is me and me alone ;-), I enjoyed the books immensely.

supermac said...

Even if it is intended for a much younger market (and please note that the reference to the older one is me and me alone ;-), I enjoyed the books immensely.

Becky from BeckyandJames.com said...

I didn't think much of Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss before seeing the movie, but I left the cinema with a brand new girl crush!

I read somewhere that Suzanne Collins was the script writer for the movie, which made the changes easier to take and I actually quite liked the way they told us things via commentary of the games.

Nat said...

I really liked the movie and I'm hanging to get my hands on the books so I can read them