April 29, 2012

The Avengers: Testosteroney To the Max!


It’s going to be very difficult to put in words but I shall try.

1. Awesome, spectacular, breathtaking --- even these words sound empty compared to the actual experience of watching the movie. My eyes and mouth were wide open throughout the film I felt like a child speechless with wonder.

You MUST experience it.



2. The writer-director, Joss Whedon, is a master orchestrator. He gave each hero a lot of big scenes (so you can imagine how many jaw-dropping scenes there are in the movie). And there are a lot of brilliant one-liners, too. I found myself laughing out loud or saying “Woooohooo!!!” in a lot of scenes.

3. The weapons! I never thought I’d be so thrilled at the sight of men brandishing a hammer, a shield, a bow and arrow, an armored suit. Why, I never thought I’d enjoy the sight of an ever-growling incredible hulk smashing stuff.


4. Kick-ass women. Even Scarlett Johansson was given some mean combat moments. It is so refreshing to see a movie where women are featured as one of the boys.

5. Testosterone-fest. Aside from the badass action scenes, the heroes themselves are a sight to behold. What an eye-candy parade! Madness on screen!

It is hands-down, the best superhero movie I’ve seen. And I’m watching it again.

Wooooohoooooooo!!!!!!!



No comments: