March 23, 2012

Opposite World



We were flying our kites one day and since we had a good wind that day, we didn’t have to work up our kites so much.

Unna and I were just sitting in one spot, while her Dad and sister were in another so that their kites won’t get tangled. Anyways, while tugging and pulling at her kite, Unna was telling me about how sometimes, she feels that aside from this world, she is imagining another world that is existing at the same time.

I got excited and felt so proud that Unna, all of 9, can already think of concepts as complex as a parallel universe, even if she did not brand it as such. She calls it her opposite world.

“So tell me more about this opposite world.”

“Well..” she goes, “..in my opposite world, people start their day eating dinner.”

“Oh, ok, then lunch then breakfast?”

“Yes, Mom. But you forgot snacks.”

“Oh, sorry. Snacks should come after dinner, right?”

“Yup”

“Interesting, what else happens there.”

“I am not your daughter, I am your Dad. You are not a girl, you are a boy.”

“Oh, ok....”

“And you are not fat.”

“Hmmmmm……” (Ouch)


3 comments:

Brittonie W said...

Kids can say the darnedest things! From what I've seen from your pictures, you're not fat at all!

I can't remember the last time I flew a kite. I made one when I was in High School, it actually took flight and I was so proud!

Kymmie said...

Oh, that is soo cute! And a little bit funny.

But you're not fat. All of it made sense until then!

xx

supermac said...

Brittonie and Kymmie. Well, I've managed to hide the paunch on my recent pictures ;-)