February 15, 2012

I Didn’t Get Flowers On Valentine’s Day


…because my husband is anti-Hallmark, anti-Valentine’s.

And truth is, I am also a low-maintenance wife. So I wasn’t really expecting anything on Valentine’s day. Still, I thought it would be nice if I would get flowers and get asked for a date, just like you know, other girls.

The morning of Valentine’s, Jake was talking about work because he was going to have a big speech to the staff at 11 am. I knew right away that anything remotely associated to romance was out of the question. No biggie.

At the office, the bouquets started coming. I was excited for the girls at the office and swooned at the sight of flowers, even if it weren’t for me. A friend also sent Valentine cupcakes. I took the heart-shaped ones and ate three.  I was happy.



Then early evening, I got a text from my husband. He was asking me where I would want to have dinner. I texted back, “Are you serious????”

So we ended up having dinner at Café Carusso. We had proschiutto, raviolini and steak. The food was good, the wine even better. Over dinner, Jake said he really planned to just go home early. but he knew that having a Valentine date would make me happy.

I didn’t get flowers on Valentine’s day but there were petals strewn on the table that night. That was good enough for me <3





3 comments:

Chantelle @ The Fridge Door Blog said...

I'm in the same boat... Lucky didn't get me flowers, chocolates, or even dinner OUT for Valentines.

All I got was HIS favourite meal cooked by him :)


(Visiting via FYBF)

Becky from BeckyandJames.com said...

I don't get flowers either. Ever. Not for any occasion. Or dinner out. How sweet of your hubby and flower petals on the table sounds so romantic!

Kymmie said...

Oh, SO romantic! He's a keeper, your man!

My husband doesn't do flowers on valentine's either, but I'm okay with that. I dated a guy who bought me flowers EVERY week. And the one before that only gave me flowers only to tell me he was sorry. Totally killed it for me.

Now, I'd rather that my husband bath the kids, make a meal every now and then, and travel less. And we have a date night.

It's good enough for me.

(But so glad your hubby spoilt you with a petal strewn table and dinner!)

xx