January 6, 2012

A Year of Being Nico-free




These pictures were taken two years ago for an ad for our company. We were supposed to project our real personalities and the stylist had a field day rocking me out. That is after all, who I am, or at least what the world perceives me to be.

A much-needed prop is the cigarette because I used to be a smoker. Yup, used to. I quit exactly a year ago without the help of an e-cig or a nicotine patch --just will power and a lot of help from real-life and blog friends.

The first five months were difficult as it came with the grumpies, some spells of depression and extra poundage (the last I couldn’t quite shake off). But now I feel so much better, I smell so much better and I think I look better, too.

I used to have a long list of new year’s resolutions. Last year, I decided to make it short but supremely ambitious. It paid off big time and that’s why it deserves to be my first grateful post for the year.

If you haven’t made your new year’s resolutions, it’s never too late to make one. Believe and it shall happen. Cheers, 2012!

5 comments:

danneromero said...

great pictures!
and congrats on staying cigarette free!
happy 2012!

Jen R said...

Fantastic achievement...Im still trying to kick the nic for good...hard work....but I will just keep trying! Cheers for 2012.

Maxabella said...

Wow, you made it! Giving up the cigs is an amazing achievement. I'm eight years clear now, although I confess I still light up when I'm out drinking sometimes. Not ideal, but it seems to work for me (especially as being 'out drinking' is a rare thing these days!). Cheers to another year 'sober'. Happy new year!

LOVE those cool shots. You're one gorgeous chick. x

Deb @ home life simplified said...

That's fantastic - quitting cigs is a high impact way to change your health (even with the poundage!). short but ambitious sounds like a formula for success to me! congrats again!

Lizeylou said...

I reckon giving up cigarettes is one of the hardest things to do ever - so I hope you are super proud of yourself. I stopped smoking about 10 years ago ... stopped drinking too!! and it was hard.
But your right - I feel better, my skin is better, my clothes don't smell awful
Congrats - I think you're ace!