December 5, 2011

Sunday Morning, Rain Is Falling




I woke up yesterday morning surprised at the grayish timbre of my room. I knew it was raining but since our blinds were drawn I couldn’t see it from my bed.

There was a nice chill permeating the whole house when I went down the living room, making my sugarless, black coffee an even more welcome sensation on my palm and then down my throat.

After breakfast, I succumbed to the temptation of sprawling across the daybed. I read the Sunday papers in that position. After I finished the papers, I went back to the book I am currently reading. In between I snuggled with my little daughters.

I looked out the window and watched the rain falling. I’m not used to this kind of rain. What we usually get here is a violent downpour. But yesterday, what we had was of the gentle pitter-patter kind. It was like that for the most part of the day.

I snuggled some more with my kids. Sunday never smelled so wonderful.



2 comments:

Romina Garcia said...

I cannot wait until my kids are a little bit older and we can just chill on a Sunday morning. Unfortunately things at my house are go go go everyday from 5am. EEEEEKKK!!

MultipleMum said...

I have to say that I concur with Romina! Nothing but crazy on Sunday mornings here. I usually escape for an hour for a run before the hubby goes off to work and leaves me with the noise and chaos! I dream of Sunday papers again. They will be my sign - Officially through the crazy. Thanks for Rewinding x