December 18, 2011

Like A Thief In The Night


The news that flooded the Net last night broke my heart. It was about another devastation in our country and in a place that is not often visited by typhoons. They were swept away by flashfloods while they were sleeping and in a situation like that, one can only be defenseless at the power and might of raging waters.

The death toll as of 9 am this morning has reached 447 and they say it is increasing in numbers. I do not understand how such a thing in this season of merriment can happen. I do not understand it at all.

4 comments:

Maxabella said...

Such sadness, Supermac. I was here to wish you merry Christmas but now I'm not so sure how merry it's going to be for so many. Best wishes to you and may you never lose your wonderful empathy for others. x

Naturally Carol said...

This is a terrible event for your country. Please accept my sympathy. I hope, that despite this sadness that you will have a lovely Christmas and a peaceful holiday season. See you again in late January.

Karen said...

Take care. I hope Christmas can be spirit singing in the adversity

Romina Garcia said...

What devastation. I hope that the New Year brings peace to those who lost loved ones, and the strength to rebuild. Wishing you all the very best for the New Year x