October 17, 2011

Trying A Little Art Again


These are the types of artworks that my officemates do (stole these from their FB sites). So you see, if you are exposed to this kind of craftsmanship, you will never dare pick up a brush even if you have long harbored a childhood dream of doing artsy stuff.
Artwork by Argem V.
Artwork by Tokwa P.
 But by some stroke of luck, I got myself into a sketching session and was able to produce something (click this--tadaaann!!). Emboldened by this promising start…and upon the strong encouragement of my officemates, I bought last Friday my own set of colored pencils and watercolor ;-)

I decided to leave it at the office though. The mentors are there anyway and I can easily bug any of them for tips on colors, sketches, shadows, etc.

But without my drawing implements, I was able to do another sketch early this evening. With just a cheap ballpen.

Artwork by TeySD. Hahaha.
Who is she? Well, it's my version of Oprah Winfrey!

I wasn’t really planning to do a sketch of her. It’s just that earlier, when I was checking my Facebook, I chanced upon a video of Oprah talking about the book and the movie, “The Color Purple”.

I was so interested in what she had to say but loading the video is taking forever. So I did her sketch while waiting even if the image of Oprah kept on changing. By the time the video finished, the sketch is done, too.

It is rough. But it is a beginning. And at my age, beginnings are good. Really, really good.


4 comments:

Fickle Cattle said...

Lordy, you guys are so talented. The most I've attempted are stick drawings. I can color a mean coloring book though. :-)

Fickle Cattle
http://ficklecattle.blogspot.com/

Romina Garcia said...

Those drawing are amazing - and so is your's!! Well done for beginning something new :-)

Felicity said...

Yay for you!
Love your creativity and am truly jealous of your workplace.
Looking forward to seeing the 'finished' product if and when you share.
Keep going, I think you're really onto something.
xx's

Kymmie said...

I am SO impressed Tey! You clever monkey.

It's so funny how we shy away from a possible talent because you're surrounded by those who are better. But I love your attitude in learning from them. You never know, you could get really, really good!

xx