September 27, 2011

Cocooning Today



I woke up this morning to the sound of the wind violently striking our windows. When I went down, my 8-year-old daughter Unna said that the trees in front of our house are swaying “dramatically”. When our help gets out of the house to get something from the garage downstairs, a violent gush rush in, temporarily chilling us to the bones. Soon enough, we got word from the news and from text alerts that classes and work are called off today.

Yesterday was actually our presentation date to a major client. After weeks and weeks of hellish, back-breaking schedule that ate up even into our weekends, I am finally reunited with Life.

On my first day back, Life decides to toss a tempest, forcing us to stay indoors with family. I am scared, given our history with past devastations. But I am also grateful at the chance to spend the whole day at home, back in my family’s embrace. 




2 comments:

Kymmie said...

Gorgeous photos. And although it's awesome to spend time with family, not a good reason.

How did you go? Everything okay? You okay?

xx

Lizeylou said...

Sounds a little scary ... hope your all ok and that the day indoors was fun!