August 26, 2011

Once You Mac, You Will Never Go Back



I have a MacBook Pro, an Ipod and an Iphone. I have so far successfully resisted the temptation to buy an Ipad but I’ve fiddled with the office tablet a few times. All these cool gadgets have already become so much a part of my life that I got so sad at the news of Steve Jobs taking a medical leave from Apple. Apparently, I am not the only one affected by this news. There is a tremendous outpouring of sympathy, love, and gratitude for Steve Jobs on TV, Facebook and Twitter and it eerily took an almost eulogistic ring to it. Sad but that’s probably what it is. A death of an era.

There is a quote from Time Magazine about what Steve Jobs told John Sculley when he was trying to woo him from Pepsi Co to Apple. He reportedly said to Sculley back in 1983, “Do you want to sell sugar water for the rest of your life or do you want to come with me and change the world?”

Well he did CHANGE THE WORLD!  And now that he’s leaving, I’m afraid that it won’t be long before the Apple will fall from the tree.


3 comments:

Kymmie said...

Aaah yes. I have apple everything too. How is it we become so dependent on something we lived quite fine without before hand.

Yes, end of an era which is sad. But I always do look with interest to see what will happen to these companies with a new CEO...

xx

Becolorful said...

I sure hope not. Love my Mac Air, Macbook Pro, iphone and yet I succumbed and got the iPad too. Do you think I have an issue? :0 The iPad, for me, is a glorified e-reader really. Yes, I check my mail and news before I even get out of bed but for so many things it is too slow and awkward. So, if pressed, it would be the thing I give up first but I would have to replace it with an e-reader. Barnes and Nobel's brick and mortar will be the next casualty I am afraid.
P

supermac said...

I only meant to say it was an end of an era but I just realized I became overly-melodramatic with that last line. Apologies, Apple fans.