August 23, 2011

Madmen


Immediately after I wrote the post about not having too much work last week, notices of pitches and campaign launches came one after the other. For the next three weeks, I will be submerged with work I will literally gasp for air. I will panic. I will be very, very scared. I will shed blood and drop dead on my bed every night.

And yet, at the prospect of overextending myself yet again in the line of duty…..at the prospect of being in the throes of death, I feel so much alive. You see, I’d rather die from excessive work and self-flagellation than live another fruitless, pointless day, like that day last week. So this is what I have to say about work.....Bring. It. On. Baby.


Disclaimers:
1.    My husband always complains about my predilection for hyperbolic descriptions.
2.    I work in advertising. Go figure.

1 comment:

Kymmie said...

Aah, you adrenaline head! Nothing like the surge to keep you going!

Have a great week Tey. xx