July 13, 2011

Harry Potter 7 Ends


It can be overwhelming to be one of the first people in the world to watch the finale of Harry Potter. I am a true-blue Potterhead. I have read each book at least 3x, and the third time usually happens before the movie is shown. I thought it was a big mistake though because the moments you conjure in your head will always be more spectacular than the actual movie. So I end up spectacularly disappointed as well every time the movie version is shown. I always say, “Oh, that scene should be like this.” Or, “The book says it’s like this.”

So for the final episode, I prepared myself well. I did not touch the book, I did not watch any trailers, I did not read any publicity about the movie. I want to watch it without thinking too much of the details. I just want to experience the movie one last time and be swept off my broom.

We already purchased tickets for the first-day screening. But yesterday, my friend surprised me with premiere tickets to Harry Potter at IMAX, which has a screen thrice bigger than the screen in regular theaters. And the movie is in 3D, so you can say that I am in a condition to be engulfed with all the possible sensations known to cinema wizardry.

I will not reveal any details about the movie. Suffice it to say that I left the cinema with thoughts of what-could-have-beens and what-should’ve-beens but the bottomline is that the movie presented the truth about Harry Potter and the story, and what the whole thing represents to me, a devoted Potter fan. And this fan cried several times during the film, even in moments that are not supposed to evoke sorrow.

It is so heartbreaking to see this story end. But I will watch it again tomorrow.


1 comment:

Lizeylou said...

I am not sure if I can bring myself to watch the last one .. cause then its really over. And I don't know that I want it to be over. All a bit sad really.