June 11, 2011

Wide-Eyed Wonder


I am at that lifestage when I’d miss all the cool movies like Insidious, X-men, Hangover 2 but NOT Hop, Gnomeo and Juliet, Rio and all the other kiddie movies.

Last weekend, we trooped to the Powerplant Mall again to watch Kung Fu Panda 2. The animation is great (my favorite is not really the 3D effects but the narrative on Lord Shen and how he was banished by the peacock clan). I thought the story is better than the first one as it brings out its Chinese heritage more. And the voice actors are just awesome, especially Jack Black and Gary Oldman.

But wait, here I am again, blabbing about the movie as an adult and thin-slicing it so much. All I want to say is….I laughed a lot in this movie and loved the kung fu scenes as well.

I guess that’s what happens when you are a parent. You try to invade your kids’ world and experience everything through their eyes. You laugh so easy and you find a lump in your throat at some silly scene involving a panda and his father goose.

Parenthood sure is difficult but it comes with many gifts that outweigh the troubles, one of which is a newfound appreciation for cartoons and other made-for-children movies. It is such a blessing to be like a kid again, even for just two hours.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

They look rather alike!
greetings from London

supermac said...

Thanks for dropping by, Elizabeth. They do look alike. Hahaha.

supermac said...

Forgot to mention..photo courtesy of hollywoodgo.com