May 12, 2011

How Good Do You Want To Be?

The first Paul Arden book I read, "Whatever You Think, Think The Opposite" was such a wonderful experience. So when he came out with the second one several years back, I thought it will be a gem of a book again. He did not disappoint.


Paul was an institution in the advertising industry. He died in 2008 from a heart attack but with his books, I just know that he will continue to inspire a lot of people not just from advertising but outside our industry as well.


That's the reason why I reread it again so I can feature him on this blog. There are so many quotable quotes from the book. Here are just some of my personal faves:


1. Try to do the things you are incapable of.
2. Talent helps. But it won't take you as far as ambition.
3. Do not seek praise. Seek criticism.
4. Energy is 75% of the job. If you haven't got it, be nice.
5. If you can't solve a problem, it's because you're playing by the rules.
6. Don't give a speech. Put on a show.


Rock on, Paul Arden.



No comments: