April 10, 2011

Waking Up Happy

I just came back from a planning session in Tagaytay and although I was gone for only two days, I terribly missed my family too much. Blame it on the cold weather, the ill-timed acting up of the pesky hormones, the fatigue that started even days before the planning (with all the prep scrambling) and the strong compulsion to smoke under those circumstances).


I did not have a restful sleep despite the very comfortable and homey accommodations we had in Tagaytay Highlands. I missed my bed, my own pillows, the sight of my room. I missed waking up with Jake next to me. 


And so when I woke up yesterday morning, in my own home, on my bed, after a deep, sound sleep, I felt immediately happy. I am home. Yes, I am home.


My simple white ceiling light greets me everyday.
I never thought scenes as stark as this can also be missed.


Sorry for the rather crude shot but this is what I see next.
 I sometimes stare blankly at my toes, which sometimes lead me
to think consciously about the shape of my feet, the color of my toenails,
the veins that I hate so much. What's with feet and women?

A worm's eye view from my bed.  I love catching a
glimpse  of the clouds and the sky before getting up.

He doesn't read my blog so he's not going to see this, haha.
My only point is, this scene is the best part of my every morning.

3 comments:

Kymmie said...

Aaaw, this post is so adorable. I must say when I've been away, my house is just soo much bigger than it was and much prettier than I remember it. And bed. Oh, bed. How I love our bed (and the man in it).

Thanks for sharing your ceiling/feet/window/husband view!

xx

supermac said...

I also love, love, love our bed, more so during weekends and holidays when you can lounge on it longer than you should ;-)

DanniiBeauty said...

Great post! I so can relate, its amazing how much you can miss home. I definitely miss my bed too when I'm away, its just the most comfiest. I also miss my shower - just can't get use to other showers.