April 30, 2011

Storybook Girl


It is a tale as old as time. Yesterday, Cinderella appeared again before our very eyes, as Kate Middleton emerged outside the Westminster Abbey as a full-fledged Princess slash Duchess slash Countess. It seems that the world stopped for this wedding and everyone gushed at her vision in a tiara, in a very elegant gown..…graceful even as she appeared nervous.

The Prince told her “You looked beautiful.” and appeared truly in love as he stared at her while she said her vows. She rode a carriage, walked with the kings and queens, stood in a balcony before a throng of crowds, unbelievingly muttering “Oh, wow!” at the size of the audience craning their necks to stare at her in her now literally and figuratively elevated position.

These are stuff that storybooks are made of. And I bet millions of girls went to bed last night happy and dreamy, because of this very rare chance to witness the transformation of an ordinary girl to a real princess. It was unbelievable, and almost magical. I admit, unashamedly...it took my breath away.

2 comments:

Kimmie said...

Could not have said it better myself :]

Kymmie said...

Beautifully said. And while I sat watching the wedding in my wedding dress eating Yorkshire puddings and scones and cream, I couldn't not help but shed a tear.

There is a romantic princess in all of us... x