April 17, 2011

The Long and Short of It

Once upon a time, I actually had long hair. But my hair's texture is super thick and super big. And for it to look decent in shoulder-length (and also not scary to other human beings), it has to be cut in multi-layers. 


Then I cut my hair short and realized instantly that it's more me. I like its wash and wear and wax convenience. I also like its "Whatcha lookin' at" attitude. So over the years, my hair style was in various states of "pixie-ness". 




The problem is, pixie does not sit well with my daughter Unna, who has been egging me to grow my hair already.



She is in that stage when she wants to conform and part of following convention is having a mom who does not have wild hair and who does not sport a tattoo, just like "the other moms in school".



Oh, wow. Didn't realize that I'd still confront issues about societal norms at this stage in my life. I thought I'm so over this in high school.


Note to self on the next Parent-Teacher Conference: Wear sleeved tops. Do not expose tats. Flatten hair. Temper rock-and-roll attitude. Try to be a normal mom!


Then after PTC, and after putting the kids to bed, drink a mean cocktail and do a rebel yell.

6 comments:

Naturally Carol said...

I love your hair short..and spikey..it really suits you!

Romina Garcia said...

I love love love the pixie do.
Love it.
I've even tried it myself on three seperate occasions. Although I have curly hair and curly hair does not suit the pixie do. Looks more like the pube do. Not a good look for me :-)
You look stunning.

supermac said...

@ Thanks, Carol ;-)
@ Romina: Hahaha. You're such a funny lady. Looking forward to your next blog post.

Cate said...

I just cut all my hair off on a whim too - and love'n it!! Rock'n'roll suits you :-)
xxxCate

supermac said...

Thank you, Cate ;-D

Lizeylou said...

I love love love your hair and I love that you are rock n roll. I think you are one cool mumma!!