March 26, 2011

I Stared At Numbers Straight In The Eye

Ladies and gentlemen, I am pleased to announce that I, a self-confessed math moron......


-  who got a Fail grade in Algebra in college

 - who is scared shit even of basic addition and subtraction and as a result, does not dare teach her kids Math (Well, I once did and told my daughter that her answer to a simple problem was wrong. The answer turned out to be correct! My husband was so shocked he decided to take over the responsibility of teaching my daughters Math. I can only happily oblige.)

 - who is scared shit of counting money, especially one that involves multiple denominations of bills and coins (that's why I shop with my credit card. If I am abroad and I have to pay in cash, I count the bills one by one, Sesame Street-style. If it involves decimal points, i.e. cents, I get a handful of coins from my pocket and just ask the person tending the shop to just get whatever else is needed. Hehehe.)
    .....IS NOW A PROUD GRADUATE of a Finance course in the country's premier business management graduate school, Asian Institute of Management. I took it with my husband who asked me to face my fear of figures.

    It sure was hard-core difficult but I did it! Clap! Clap! Clap!


    Hop on to one of my all time fave blogs, Kymmie's A Day In the Life Of Us for more This Week I Tried Something New stories.



    3 comments:

    Brenda @ Mira Narnie said...

    OMG - maths and I are not friends - you are an inspiration!! Well done - amazing xx

    Kymmie said...

    Oh this is so great!!! A big hearty congratulations Big Mac! I'm so proud of you. And now you can help your daughter with her homework with renewed confidence. Happy dance for you going on over here!

    xx

    supermac said...

    Thanks, Brenda and Kymmie ;-D