February 6, 2011

fancy pants: colors



Ever since I became a big fan of Sarah Jessica Parker in Sex and the City, my fashion sense became a bit bolder, at least when it comes to combining colors.

On this day, I wore a magenta dress. Magenta is in itself a color that not too many Pinays wear because of our tanned skin. But I was a little playful that day and pushed this some more by wearing aqua wedges and an oversized shades. My bag that day? Red!






An officemate, Wella, who is partial to color coordinates might have been shocked at this combination. But I loved it. That night, I had dinner with old friends from my previous office, Harrison Comm, and I strutted down Serendra channeling my inner SJP, hahaha.

It sure was a nice feeling. And I’m glad I have a blog to remember it by.





Dress: Bought in a stall in Archaeology, Powerplant. Shoes: CMG. 


7 comments:

Brenda @ Mira Narnie said...

i think you've worn these blog bright colours so well!! i love magenta and aqua and your whole outfit is stunning!! SJP herself would have loved it xx

supermac said...

Dearest Brenda,
Thank you for the generous compliment. This is my second Fancy Pants so far and I am really enjoying it plus when I'm old and grey, I want to be able to look back at the fashion of our era and share this with my grown children and grandchildren.
Thanks also for the follow. Will hop by your blog very, very soon ;-D

Kymmie said...

Well, magenta is my favourite colour. And you wear it so well (possibly because you have such a fabulous skin colour). And yes, I'm jealous. You're so brave to mix up the colours (which worked perfectly I must say). Go SJP! And thanks for linking up this week. I love your contributions!!! xx

Steph said...

Oh I love it! Those colours look gorgeous together. And bravo to you for stepping out of your comfort zone. I think you'd look just as fab strutting down Fifth Avenue as Ms. Parker herself. Wishing you a lovely week :) x

supermac said...

Oh, wow. Thanks, Kymmie and Steph. I'm so glad that there are people who are supportive of my crazy fantasies.

JM said...

Great colours indeed. I especially like the top shot, it's a very cool portrait.

supermac said...

Thank you for the kind words, JM.