January 17, 2011

omg!!!

Roughly ten years ago, my husband proposed to me and gave me a nice diamond ring. A few years ago, I lost it. I don't know exactly when and I don't remember exactly how. There was one other birthday when he gifted me with a platinum bracelet. Well, I lost that, too.


I tried to keep this teeny-weeny bit of information from my husband for as long as I can. But he with the eagle eyes noticed at once.


"You lost it, didn't you?" Mind you, it wasn't a question. It was a statement uttered with an unassailable belief in his wife's propensity to lose things of great and sentimental value.


So I sheepishly just said, "Uhm, yeah..." to which he replied, "I swear I'm not gonna give you any jewelry ever!" And that was when I realized I married a good guy.....because he did not kill me nor threaten me with bodily harm.


So birthdays and anniversaries went by and true enough, he stopped giving jewelry. Over the years, I got from him an Ipod (although I couldn't understand why he thought I couldn't lose it. Note: it's still with me though.), an Ipod deck (brilliant, I must say. It has been just safely placed on the shelf.), a DLSR camera, a Wii, etc.


This year, when he asked me what I wanted for my birthday, I said nothing. As in nothing, really (see post below if you like). I am a very simple person. I am not at all brand-conscious. I don't have to have the latest in fashion. I don't speak Chanel. I am actually at a place where I can be contented with whatever I have. 


But what do I get for my birthday? A replacement of my engagement ring with a bonus pair of earrings, placed on top of a birthday cake!!! OMG!!!


For desiring a simple life, my husband rewards me with diamonds. He's got a wicked sense of humor. And I'm still grinning from sparkly ear to sparkly ear.



6 comments:

Lizeylou said...

WOWZA ... what a gift. And what an ACE husband you have.

supermac said...

Yup, I'm one lucky girl ;-D

Felicity said...

Now that's bringing on the bling!

Your husband is a total treasure,

I too have a propensity for losing precious jewels [see my post "Floating In A Sea Of Aquamarine" although my loving partner doesn't know that yet!

Thanks for jumping on board today, you have a terrific story & I'm so glad you shared it,

Felicity

Maxabella said...

Bee-ou-tiful! He's just fantastic!! x

supermac said...

Thanks, Felicity and Maxabella. Glad to have joined Bling on Love. Fantastic idea you both have here.

Kymmie said...

Oh, your husband is SO gorgeous. I bet you're very happy you snapped him up. Plus he's so forgiving on the losing front! I hope you treasure the ring and matching earrings (and pray you don't lose them). Here's hoping (with fingers crossed)! xx